Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

A day in the life

So just like the title of our blog "A day in the life..." I want to give you all a true snapshot of what a day in the life is like at our house. For some reason, I just think our morning routine is fairly funny, thanks to Tyson. So here it goes...

It starts somewhere in the sixes when Tyson starts crying in his kennel (which is in our room). The next 20 minutes or so are filled with puppy wimpers and Adam yelling "no" or "shhhh" at him to make him stop. The alarm goes off at 7am. Adam gets up first, so he takes Tyson outside... but on the way out (without fail) Tyson first has to run to my side of the bed, put his paws up and tries to wake me up/jump on the bed. So Adam walks back into the room to pick him up to make him go outside.... a few minutes pass. They come back inside, Adam puts Tyson into bed with me and jumps in the shower. Meanwhile, in the bedroom, Tyson sleeps for about 5 minutes- but is trying to eat my hair. He finally stops, lays there about 1 more minute, then decides he is bored. So he sits at the end of our bed and starts crying again/OR barking at himself in the mirror. Finally when I can't take it, I open the door for him and he runs out and I close it and go back to bed. I am not sure what happens after this, but I have a feeling that Adam gets out of the shower, feeds him and tries to get dressed as quick as possible so Tyson can't attack the clothes he is trying to put on (will explain more of this soon). Not sure if Adam takes him out again (I think so) but Tyson gets put back into bed with me at some point. Since Tyson has just eaten and is full, he is the sweetest little cuddeler at this time in the morning. While we snuggle up, Adam makes his breakfast - which consists of a smoothie and something else. I literally get so excited when I hear the blender, because Adam makes awesome smoothies and makes enough for both of us. He drinks his, and mine goes in the fridge. He eats, reads and makes his tea... then he is off for the day. At this point in the morning (typically 7:40-7:50ish) he comes in the bedroom, gives us both kisses and is off to work. My wake-up call, is him saying goodbye. So he leaves, Tyson stays in the bed asleep- I get up and start coffee, jump in the shower, etc. I get out of the shower and go into my room. Now this is the most difficult part of the morning.... EVERYTHING I pull out of my drawers or closet, Tyson thinks should be his. So, I pull out a bra, underwear, shirt and pants and it is literally a game to see if I can put on the clothes fast enough before Tyson grabs them off the bed (he is getting so big!) and drags them into the living room. We play tug of war with my undies as I am trying to get them on and socks are especially hard to keep on. As soon as I have one on, Tyson, likes to try and pull it off my foot. Typically, i am laughing so hard/annoyed but I really think if you all saw a video, it would be hilarious.
I am dressed, pour myself some coffee, grab my smoothie out of the fridge and get to work. We are FINALLY settled in the office and this is when the puppy indecision comes into play. NOTE: the door to outside is in my office, I thought this would be convenient, but not so sure. Tyson will sit at the door and cry until I open it. I get up and open the door and he stands right in the door frame, like he is deciding if he would like to be in or out. He finally goes outside for about 2 mins. until he runs back to the door and cries until I open it. He comes in, plays with toys for about 2 mins, then goes back to the door and cries to go outside. THis is a vicious cycle for about 30 minutes until about 9am, when he passes out for the morning and I get some good work in until he wakes up.

Welp, that is the Griffin routine we have developed. I am hoping one day I can get my butt out of bed and get a walk in BEFORE work starts, but for now- that happens over lunch. We are going on a "fall foliage" tour this weekend and Adam is soooo excited... I think we are going to Estes Park, but he is the master mind behind this adventure. So an update should happen on Sunday!

Love you! XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment