Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

3 steps forward, 2 steps backward

So as the end of June quickly approaches, Adam and I have been scrambling to find a place to live since we are moving out at the end of June. Well, with our new target rent rate- we knew we were destined for an apartment. Long story short, we found one.... 2 bedroom, a parking place (which is like gold when looking at apartments in the area we live), a small shared grass area for Tyson and it is two stories. All for $725/mo and 1st month free, so averages out to $645/mo. Great right?! I know. We are going to be able to save.... a lot (hopefully). But I can't push away the feeling that 1) we are going from a cute house back to an apartment 2) I am nervous about the Tyson situation because we are the first tenants in the building to have a dog 3) The kitchen is TINY!!!! No cabinets, mini size stove and fridge, etc. The only reason why this is OK, is because I am never there... 4) the laundry is shared 5) I think a lot of college students live there and will assume Adam and I are freaks that got married while we were in college.

I literally feel like I am taking steps back, but I keep reminding myself this is GOOD! We are sacrificing to make a better future... blah, blah, blah. I have some major projects in my head to do over the next few weeks so I can make this place semi-cute. I will keep you updated as I get home a chance to put my creative juices to use!!

On a side note, we will have an ACTUAL guest room with a QUEEN SIZE bed... so COME VISIT US! We are about 1.5 miles from Washington Park in the University of Denver area (DU area). It is still a pretty great area with tons of bars and restaurants within walking distance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment