Thursday, April 14, 2011

Decisions Decisions

We didn't make the cut. I am super bummed, but really motivated at the same time. At the end of the day we had all excellent feedback but they were looking for more high tech/problem solving companies and we fit more into the e-commerce category. We are excited about the future no matter what (i am just sad at this moment :)). We will move on!
Tuesday, April 12, 2011


We should find out the big decision on Wednesday or Thursday of this week! WooHoo only 1 or 2 more days of constantly thinking about something I can't control. We had an interview there last night and basically if we get in... we won't be doing the BumblePost you all know about. We will, but we will be spending most of our time on a b2b side. More to come on that in the future. Anyways, consumer side is lookin good. Dare I say, you MIGHT be getting an invite email tonight? Fingures crossed.
Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cool Cards

Here is a little sneak preview of some of my current favorite Holiday cards for BumblePost. They look great on a computer screen and look amazing once printed out. I know I keep saying this, but we are soooo close to launching our beta site. Our goal was the 6th, but we just can't control technology!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I tried!!

I tried to post about my weekend in KC consisting of Courtney's Bachelorette party and Jessica Oliver's baby shower... but blogger isn't working well for me and deleted my pictures I had uploaded. So, maybe the post will make it to the blog, maybe not. In other news... still no word on TechStars. We are still waiting to see what our next steps are. They let Adam know they are taking care of all the out of town people first so we are in holding mode and I am going borderline insane. We thought we had all the major bugs worked out of our site the other day. But found a few others that are hopefully getting resolved today. Entrepreneurship is an emotional roller coaster. If anyone ever thinks about starting a business, please ask me for some starter advice! You know that feeling that you get before a big presentation? The nauseous, nervousness... I have that like 15 hours of the day. Once we know yay or nay on TechStars, hopefully that number will be cut down dramatically!
Friday, April 1, 2011

Ready for answers

We are on the brink of being able to make some actual plans for this summer (aka: finding out if we make TechStars). Its really weird because its such a HUGE thing, that this decision will define the rest of our lives. Its a strange feeling to say the least and I am REALLY anxious to make some plans.... we have been in the weird void the past few months. So I am going to map out a few different options for you:

A: We get into TechStars (ideal option!). We find a house to rent for the summer in Boulder for 5 people (me, Adam, Nick, Eric-our developer, and Maddie if she comes). Adam and I have to scramble for the next few weeks to move out of this place and into our new place- head to Mexico for Court's wedding- and the programs starts Tuesday May 10th. We work all summer in Boulder, meet great people, great mentors and decide we want to stay and headquarter BumblePost out of Boulder.... maybe we get some funding too (which would be great) so we can all work on BumblePost full time. This plan would get us through to the beginning of August. PS- this option would require all of us to quit our jobs (yay!!). But thats OK, because TechStars gives us money. Not a lot of money, but enough to live on and have some left over without cutting into our savings...

B: We don't get into TechStars. I take a few days to get over it and tell myself it was such a slim chance anyways- we made it to finals and that was awesome, but it still sucks to not make it. Adam and I decide we are going to stay in Denver. I start looking for a new job ASAP or switch positions in ATS (I hate my current role). We continue to work on BumblePost at night/weekends. We go live and just see what happens. Our current lease is up June 30th and depending on our funds, might look to buy a house.

C: We don't get into TechStars, but we decide that Boulder is still the place for us since it is the tech-hub of the Midwest (mini-San Francisco). We decide to move there anyways- get connected in the community, find our own mentors, etc. Its super expensive, so this plan would require us keep our current positions or find positions in Boulder. Adam could interview at CU (he currently works at DU) and I could just look for a position in Boulder instead of Denver. Or we could commute everyday back to Denver, which lots of people do.

They have yet to tell us when they make the announcement for the chosen few, but we heard a rumor its the second week of April! Figures crossed, say some prayers. Our life COULD change dramatically and it is driving me insane not knowing...