Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Beefin Up

I think this is the longest period of time I have gone without blogging. With that being said, just know that I know that you want to see house pics! I will post them ASAP- but here is a short summary of our house move in process and project process:

July 16- close on the house. Go over there that night to clean/sleep on an air mattress and have some sparkling wine

July 17-19- Move into the house! Exhausting to say the least.....

(During the week prior- try to sell my brown couches... didn't get them sold, so had to move them)

July 20-24- Work, teach at the gym, etc. Try to unpack a little every night. Oh! And take apart some of the cabinets in our kitchen. (aka: putting a hole in a neighboring cabinet and adding an WHOLE nother project to the list).

July 24- Start painting the living room! Kayley decides to come in town for the weekend. This whole weekend is spent by me taking my crossfit certification, Adam and Kayley finishing up the painting and having some fun on the side.

The week following consists of Allison and Mikey coming into town, us STILL not selling the couches (I kept listing them and people would call but I was too busy to actually SHOW them- which is a crucial part of the selling process). Deciding to START another project (filling in a doorway)...... ya- we like to start projects and just not complete them.... we still have boxes laying around.... :)

July 30: First trip to the new IKEA in Denver. Opening weekend- we went twice (story in itself). Bought a new couch in the process.... this leaves us with 4 couches sitting in our living room (old brown uglies + the new pretty one).

July 31: CAN'T TAKE THE OLD UGLY COUCHES ANY LONGER. Don't have time to show them- so we put them in the front yard with a sign that said "free couches". Couches were gone within the hour (thank the Lord!). We get a lot done this day- a lot unpacked and our house semi- put together.

Aug 3: Finish the "filling in the door" project (well mostly).

Aug 4: Mama Griffin comes into town for the weekend!

And now we are up to date on the house stuff- pics to come.

Oh! And the title of this post?! Well, Adam and I have decided to train to compete in crossfit competitions. Exciting and scary and well- lets just say I have been told to eat a lot because I really need to "beef up" haha. Love it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment