Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pitty Party

Again, I haven't been blogging.... weird. Our backyard is complete and looks amazing, we have had some great weekend trips and events- but I have been in a slump. I get like this every few months where I start to over analyze things and feel sorry for myself about something. This time, its just about missing my family and friends.

Anyone who lives away from KC can probably relate in some shape or form. When you live away from home, you are the one that typically goes to back to see people. Thats just the way it is. In my situation, I still have a sister in high school, parents who own a company and they just don't have time to come out .... ever. They don't read this, so I can vent, but I have lived here for 3 years and I think they have come out once, maybe twice. And both were for a purpose (to watch a KSU vs. CO game), not just to visit. I understand it, but it sucks.

The amount of showers, weddings, events we go to is an insane amount of money but its definitely worth it. It just sucks sometimes to spend money to go see people and feel like no one ever comes out here (I appreciate the people who have!!! Trust me!) I titled this "pitty party" because that's exactly what I am having. This is my blog and I can say what I want on it... and I am the first to admit I am being a HUGE baby right now. Maybe this is what you call homesick? If so, this is the first time I have had it in a long time (or maybe ever?!).

Anyways, I have a great group of friends out here in Colorado and great friends back home (and elsewhere) and I appreciate you all!! I just need a girls weekend sooner than later..... bah!

Happy Wednesday :)




3 comments:

  1. I want to come visit again! We had a blast. And I understand how you feel about always traveling to see everyone. Not fair! Andrew and I vent about this all. the. time.

    Sounds like you could use a good glass of wine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love living out-of-state, but it just plain sucks a lot too. I go through these phases too--and the good news is that they always end :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Em, I can 100% relate to this post and have been having my own pity part!! So great to hear im not the only one! My mom and family (minus Court) have never come out to vist me and I've been in LA for almost 5 years now! I vented to Gail and I think she is now going to plan a trip this Summer! What I really think we need is a PI Phi girls Vacay!! After everyone has the babies of course!

    ReplyDelete