Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

He or She?

This week was our 19-week ultrasound/gender scan.  I was so excited to get to the doctor I could barely get anything done at the office.

In true Emily (or I should say Otto) fashion, it didn’t go quite as planned but was still amazing!
About 5 minutes into the ultrasound I started feeling super sick. Like pass out/puke sick. The tech was so sweet and promised me it has happened before – sometimes when you are pregnant, laying on your back can do that since the weight of your uterus can press down on your aorta, limiting the blood flow back to your brain.    After about 5 minutes I started to feel better and we got back to the scan.  Until it happened again.  Ha.  Needless to say, it took us awhile to get through the entire scan without me puking and/or passing out on the table.  Quite embarrassing. But it was amazing to see the growth since our last ultrasound and confirm that something is still in there (I still haven’t felt any definite movement).    And I say this is typical of Ottos because my mom, my sister and I have a history of passing out periodically… Adam is used to my episodes by now. 

So what are we having?  Well, we still don’t know.  The Tech wrote it in a card and sealed it up.  I put the card in the mail to my mom’s best friend back in KC and they are throwing us a gender reveal party on Sunday with our families.  Gotta add some suspense!!   I have been thinking it is a girl this whole time, until yesterday morning I woke up feeling boy.  So we shall see!

How cute is this hand and foot?


An Adam or Emily profile? 




And a 19 week selfie in the work bathroom before I headed to the doctor.  I really suck at taking cute bump pics.  

Four more days until the reveal- I CAN'T WAIT! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment