Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

A real babymoon!

If you read our getting pregnant story, I mentioned how our St. John trip was supposed to be our babymoon.  Once I got pregnant for real I was excited to book a "real" babymoon.  We decided on Hawaii for a few reasons.  1) It was the US.  If something were to happen, our health insurance would be accepted.  2) Adam had never been to Hawaii 3) I wanted an active trip.  I knew I wouldn't be laying by the pool sipping pina coladas on this trip so having other stuff to do was a must!

We traveled to Kauai for 8 magnificent days and stayed at the Koa Kea Resort and Spa (which we LOVED!).  We have decided we are definitely the boutique hotel type of people as all of our favorite hotels have been boutique style.

Highs:

- First and foremost, getting 8 uninterrupted days with each other.   Adam and I really love traveling together and getting a break from the real world was needed.

- The food. I mean, I am pregnant so this was obvs a high.  We had a lot of good meals & ice cream daily.
- Our hotel.  The service was the best I have experienced maybe ever.
- Sporting my bump.  People are just really nice to you when you are pregnant.

- The Na Pali Coast.  Unbelievable. We must go back and hike much further.




- Getting warm sun when it was snowy and freezing back in Denver
- Our original rental car was a Town & Country minivan (apparently we are already getting profiled) that was light blue. We named it Sparkles. And it wasn't near as nice as this picture below.  Ours was leaking fluid and the check engine light was on.



Lows:

- Adam got a stomach bug the 2nd day we were there and spent the majority of the day in the room, while I had an epic pool day and got fried:)
- Rain.  The weather wasn't perfect and complaining about the rain in Hawaii isn't really something to complain about, but we could have done with slightly less rain.
- Honestly, I am starting to get comments about how big I am.   Not to be a loser, but when you are asked if you are 8 months pregnant or if you are having twins it kinda makes you feel like a COW.

And some faves...



We literally were hiking to a random beach and stumbled across this sign.  Of course, I was actually freaked out. 

The fruit in Hawaii is delicious.  Tangelos are my new favorite fruit. 


Saw lots of these beauties! 

Surfers everywhere.


I still think my most favorite place so far is St. John, but Kauai is a very very very close 2nd!

(Brag time: Adam was published in Men's Fitness today! Very exciting! One hour per week that can change everything)

0 comments:

Post a Comment