Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Shopping on a budget (kinda)

This was a much anticipated weekend due to the fact that I got a commission check on Friday, which means, that we could actually afford to do a little shopping! I have not be shopping in FOREVER and neither had Adam (but more recently than me, surprisingly).
We both felt like we had no clothes and since we are leaving for Napa Valley in a week and a half, we both decided it was ok just to pick up a few things for each of us in anticipation for our trip and the Holidays.

We decided we could afford $200.00 each for a grand total of $400.00. This is soooo not a lot (considering I used to blow several hundred when I shopped in Dallas). But it was really fun to have a set budget that really only allowed for things we loved. Surprisingly we did excellent and came in UNDER budget when the day was done (thank you sale racks, forever 21 and Nordstrom Rack). Adam had spent all of his, but I didn't find a whole lot that I wanted so only spent about $140.00 out of my $200.00 allotment.

I was feeling pretty good until I was on Facebook yesterday an saw a pair of boots that I had to have on my cousin's page. So I messaged her, figured out where she got them and went and bought them last night. I am pretty excited about them even though it made me go over my budget (it wasn't by much) but I think I am set for the next few months.

San Fran/Napa Valley here. we. come. yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment