Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm Back!

OK, not really... but I just wanted to send out a quick book rec to anyone interested:

"Winter Garden" by Kristin Hannah. I know I have read a great book when I can't stop thinking about it. I finished this book on Sunday and dreamed about it last night. Its about 2 women who grow up never really knowing their mother. She was there, but they never felt loved or wanted by her. When their father gets sick, they all come together and its their father's dying wish that they make their mom tell them her story. When she finally starts talking, the facts that start to unravel are shocking and put their mom in a whole new light.
This description sounds a little cheesy, but I promise it is not! And the topic of this book is something I was so interested in, after finishing, I researched it for the next hour or so (just ask Heather).
Read it, love it. The only note I would make, is it gets a little slow about 1/3 of the book in.... keeping reading, it gets good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment