Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

One of those days

This past weekend, it was beautiful in Denver (just like most of the Midwest!) which left us with an amazing dilemma- To go skiing/boarding or to go hiking. Adam and I debated most of Friday night on what to do the next day and ultimately, it was decided once he asked me if I remembered to pick up my snowboard. Duh! I was supposed to grab it on Friday afternoon from getting tuned, so looks like hiking it was....

Everything was still brown from winter, but it was a great temperature and still beautiful. I am anxious for everything to bloom!

Can you see the city in this picture?

We had a freaking blast. It was just Adam, Tyson and I and we did a hike that we attempted last year, but didn't finish due to the intensity of it. We finished it this time no problem. I guess it pays to work out.

After the hike, Adam said he had a surprise. He drives us to a little town about 15 minutes outside of Denver called Morrison and pulls up to the cutest little wine tasting bar. We had a great time trying out new wines, sharing a hummus plate and just enjoying our Saturday, post hike.






We capped off Saturday with dinner at the Smiths. We truly love Colorado.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect Saturday! I'm glad Tyson is doing better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing. Schedule this for our trip? Maybe not the intense hike. We are not in as good as shape as you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics Emily! I love Sav Blanc wine too:)

    ReplyDelete