Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What a night

Details of TechStars for a Day are coming soon- I know you are all anxiously awaiting (haha).

Last night, we had a lazy night that consisted of sitting on the couch and watching TV. We made dinner and Adam gave Tyson the entire sweet potato skin off his plate, which I didn't agree with. Eventually, around 9:30- we head up to bed.

At about 10:30-11ish, we here Tyson start to gag and puke. Annoying to have to clean up puke in the middle of the night (and I totally try to blame this on Adam because of the sweet potato skin), so we turn on the light and slowly start to get up. At this point, Adam goes downstairs to get the supplies and I try to console our puppy dog. Tyson is acting super strange 1) He is acting like he doesn't want me to touch him, he is really jumpy, 2) he is just standing there, not moving and almost twitching 3) I look in his eyes, his pupils are dilated, he can't focus on me and is like a bobble-head dog. His head is moving all around. It freaked me out. I call for Adam and tell him something is wrong with Tyson, Tyson jumps in our bed and is laying there. But Adam can see what I am talking about. He starts googling if something can happen if a dog pukes too hard, or just anything with his symptoms. We pull him off the bed to see what he does when he walks and he starts walking all goofy (like he doesn't want to put weight on his back paws).

We call the emergency vet, talk to them and decide to take him in. We get there, Tyson goes back to see the Vet. With in 5 minutes, they come out asking if there is any way Tyson could have gotten into some pot. Adam and I both look at each other, of course there is. Our trashy neighbors keep their ash tray outside. Which means if they smoke pot out there, that's where the bud goes. I am the worst dog mother ever. My precious doggy is freaking stoned out of his mind right now because I didn't stay out with him when I let him out before bed. It was cold! This situation had never in a million years crossed my mind before.

2 hours later, $300 later, we come home with our high as a kite pup to try and go to bed. They told us to try and stay awake all night (didn't happen, but we tried...). This morning, Tyson seems to be acting about 90% normal and we are all confident he will make a full recovery today.

Get me the HECK out of this trashy apartment and into a house. Please.

4 comments:

  1. poor pup! i think i'd take the vet bill to your high class neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So scary!! Hopefully he's 100% now! I wonder what was going through Tyson's mind last night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, but also scary. Franklin threw up last night and we can't figure out why. Puppy parenthood is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I can't believe that's what happened. I was going to guess he ate a thong...oh no? only my dog does that??
    Glad he is going to be okay. I hate that they can't tell you what's wrong!

    ReplyDelete