Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

HOME

I know I am pretty lame because I always say I am going to post pics of our recent house progress, but never actually do. Why?! Here's why:

1) We typically are only home at night - which means the pictures always look dark and dreary
2) Since we are only home at night- this means post-dinner = not clean house

I am going to suck it up and for this post and give you a glimpse of some recent "stuff" thats been going on. Disregard the clutter and unfinished touches. I am not YoungHouseLove people... get over it.

First- a yard update. If you are behind on my awesome blog, basically we hired landscapers to come and re-do our entire yard- we are pretty stoked about it. Today here is what our front, side and backyard look like... cute right?! Good news is our patio is going in this week, assuming it doesn't snow.







Starting from old to new projects and updates- here we go!

Remember when I blogged about bringing my antique bed from KC to Denver? Here is our current upstairs guest room (AKA the smallest room you have ever been in, in real life). I have plans for the empty frame on the wall.... just hasn't happened yet (obvs.). And the blue curtains came with the house .... which will be changed out eventually.


Remember that odd nook we had in our kitchen (probably not because I never blog)? Well, we found a wine fridge that fits the space ALMOST perfectly. Now, we just need to stock the fridge. Thanks Greg for the Christmas gift!!!


I put some white frames up in our living room. This is a current/on-going thing as I am adding to it little by little. Notice the brown square. Can we just get it out there that I am not detailed oriented? I will say it again. I AM NOT DETAIL ORIENTED. There. I said it.



We added bookcases to our living room (still not completely decorated- bookcases are HARD to decorate!!!)


Onto Adam and I's room. We hung silk curtains:



Then we got new sheets that I am obsessed with (I almost LIKE the bed unmade now):

And we still don't have one thing hanging on the wall in this room..... wife of the year!

And onto my recent weekend project. I have been looking at art to hang in our living room and I just couldn't find anything I liked. So I made something (with some inspiration from Pinterest, of course). Best part of this project, it was FREE! I am still "warming up" to it.... but I am liking it more and more.

Using slats from when we filled in the door... I just lined them up and Adam helped me nail them into place.


I put a little stain on them and one coat of sealer.

Channeled my inner third grader and wrote a 4 letter word.

And there it is. IN. YOUR. FACE.
Like it?! I THINK I do....

So there you have it. Questions? Comments?

After our yard, we have plans to:
- repaint our kitchen. What were we thinking with the BRIGHT green?
-Finish the master bedroom if its the last thing I do
-Start plans to re-do our basement and laundry room

Toodles!


2 comments:

  1. Looking good! I bet Ty is sooo excited about his expanded yard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Emily! I love the white frames in the living room!! Nice use of the nook space for wine :) Also, love the antique bed and your bookcases look great! I agree those are hard to make look good, but I like yours a lot! I think I need to see your home creation in the living room in person to decide...Wine night?!

    ReplyDelete