Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

A Real "Day in the life" story

If you know Adam and me well, you know that we don't really take time to think things through. I would say 90% of the big decisions we make are on a whim. Moving to Denver, buying a house, etc. All of these decisions went something like this.

"Hey, lets move out of Dallas"
Okay.... where to?!
"Scottsdale? Costa Rica? Colorado?"
Scottsdale is really hot, Costa Rica is really far... and if you talked me into it, I would do it, but what would we do for jobs?! Denver it is.
****
"Hey- lets rent for another year- it will be good to save some more money."
Ok- but I just looked on the MLS and this cute house came on the market. Lets look at it.
1 Day later.... we put an offer down.
*****
So today's convo in the car went like this:

Emily "I really don't like the tiny rock-gravel in our drive"
Adam "Ok- well you need to phrase it more positively... if we do work I want it to be a happy thing"
Emily: "......????? that doesn't really make sense"
Adam: "Gosh, we could do some many cool things with our yard. I am going to look at landscaping companies on the computer for fun."

1 hour later- a guy is at our house giving us quotes and drawing up some ideas

2 hours later- we handed a BIG FAT CHECK to the company and they start work TOMORROW!!!

We are getting a whole new everything in our yard. Not that it was bad before- we just really want a fire pit (gas), new better patio, driveway, landscaping, sprinkler system, better car port and some other odds and ends.

Did we think it through? Nope
Did we get quotes from several companies? Nope

And after a brief panic attack as I was writing the check, I have finally warmed up to the idea and I can't wait. Party at our house this summer! You are all invited.


2 comments: