Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Starting a real business is scary

So as BumblePost.com continues to move forward, we are officially at the stage where actual money and actual lawyers are getting involved. Along with actual binding contracts...this is all good, but also really scary.
So far, we have the developer chosen and our first meeting was last night with him. We have our printing and mailing company chosen, our logo finalized, our domain name and splash page complete for now. We are working on card designs right now, and are in the process of getting a lawyer to review all the contracts, finalize the LLC operating agreement and we need company insurance like ASAP (which we didn't really think about until yesterday).

The developer thinks our site with take 60 days to put together. The good news for you??? Some of my readers just might be in the first users group to make sure all the bugs are out of the system before it goes live to the world.... :) More to come on that later.

The biggest challenge for me? I have no freaking clue about IT stuff- so some of this stuff is way over my head. Good thing Adam and Nick have a well-rounded knowledge of it. I have determined, if BumblePost ever got big enough where this way Adam and I's job. He would be the visionary and determine where are company is going and I would figure out the details of how to make it happen. It is really strange how your strengths and weaknesses really show in situations like this.

If you haven't been to our company blog recently. Click here to check it out. I think my first blog post will be sometime in the next few days! In the meantime, please help us spread the word!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Em,

    Congratulations! Let me know if you need an attorney : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually we DO need an attorney! Funny you posted that today, because we were just starting to look for one. Do you do small business stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do.
    emily@ossmannlaw.com

    ReplyDelete