Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Oh Married Life

So I have been a total slacker in the blogging world. Whenever I travel, our days consist of waking up early, working all day and having late night dinner/drinks... so with the past two weeks spent in San Antonio and Atlantic City- I have had no extra time to do anything else. I actually just checked my gmail for the first time this morning in about a week and a half!

We are back in KC for Thanksgiving... we are very excited that we are FINALLY spending some quality time here and not rushing out of town like usual. It is a bit of a challenge to try and split our time up equally between families, but both have been pretty understanding that we have two families now. Last night, was the first time we stayed at Adam's parents house and the first time since we have been MARRIED that we have stayed here... so new experience for me. Last night Adam wanted to go say hi to some friends down on the plaza. All guys, and so I opted to stay at the house and hang out with his parents and sister... completely fine. I get a call close to 11pm when I am going to bed - it is Adam asking if he can stay out with the guys and spend the night with them on the plaza. At first, I have no problem with this... but the more I get thinking about it, I REALLY don't want to sleep there alone. So, I tell him this- I can tell he is slightly frustrated but says he will be home soon.

I wake up at 1am. Adam is not home. I call him about 5 times- he does not answer any of them. My thought process goes something like this "what a jerk!.... I think I am mad.... I am going to stay mad at him all tomorrow..... oh my gosh, what if he got a DUI driving back because I told him to come home and he is in jail.... what if he got in a wreck, etc. " isn't is crazy how our minds start thinking the worst? Well, about 30 mins later, I call him and he answers and is about 30 seconds away from the house. I am relieved, and now just annoyed but thankful he is home.

I am not sure if I was in line with the other wives on not wanting to stay here alone- or if I was just being uptight. I am open for comments.
:)

1 comments:

  1. I can see both sides, but since it was that very first time staying there I can totally see why you would want him to come home. Glad he is safe and you got a snuggle buddy for the night.

    ReplyDelete