Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Keeping my emotions in check... fail

Yesterday was a regular ole Monday. When Adam got home from work, we headed to the grocery store. All normal. Let me give you some background information real quick:

Adam and I don't eat a lot of meat. Fish- yes, Eggs- yes... but the meat you typically buy (beef, chicken, etc) hardly ever. I mean, I probably eat meat once every couple months. Why? Well, I just have decided I don't love chicken anyway and besides that, if the meat is not raised hormone-free, free range- I honestly don't feel right about eating it. I mean, have you SEEN what they do to those animals? Anyways, so I will eat meat from Whole Foods, but again, that is hardly ever.

Adam and I have always been on the same page with this stuff. So, we were in San Diego this week and Adam orders carnitas on Friday and lamb on Saturday. I was a little confused, but at the end of the day I don't care about what he eats- duh. But then thinking about the lamb started to bother me.... like a lot. I mean, out of all the meats that you could choose from- you choose lamb!!!!

So back to the story.
We walk into the grocery store. Hit up the produce then go over to the meat section (which we typically grab our fish from- and only fish) and Adam just grabs a pack on Bison and tosses it into the cart. I was like "so.... you are eating meat now?" and he was like yes I am. I was like... ok, whatever. Then, I got this crazy wave of emotion come over me and I reverted back to a 5 year old mentality. I went semi- crazy. Like I thought I was going to cry in the grocery store.
What the heck is wrong with me!! Like I honestly can say I don't really care. I have no clue why I was so upset about it and I have been trying to pick through my emotions for the last 1/2 day. I am not sure if it was because he didn't tell me first he was doing a 180 or what, but I got upset literally over nothing.
Long story long, Adam thinks I am a straight freak now. I know, I was! I even apologized the second we got into the car. Something is wrong with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment