Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

San Diego Recap

I had to be in San Diego for work last week, so Adam flew on Friday evening to spend the weekend with me. Such a cool city, such a fun time. Here is the recap:

Friday: Adam got to the hotel, we grabbed a few drinks and then went out to eat with my co-workers and then just hung out. I took no pictures this night.

Saturday: Wake up at 8:30am... we think... (Adam forgot to reset the time on his Blackberry and I never checked the clock) and headed down to Fox Sports (who was opening at 9am) for the KSU game. Get there at 9:30 and it is locked. Adam calls them and asks when they open and they say 9am. He says well I am here and it is locked and they then tell him it is only 8:30. Oh right.... we finally get in, eat breakfast and watch the Cats pull in a win!

Then Adam suprises me. He said he was going to plan our weekend and that was fine by me. So after the game he says- we are getting picked up in 15 mins and going sailing. I was like what?! Yipee! Through Facebook this actually happened. One of my FB friends (who I actually had never met) saw that we were coming to SD, he messaged Adam because he is part of a sailing club and that is how it all went down.
About to get on the boat...

View of Downtown
Love this picture. Maybe a framer.

I seemed relaxed, but lets just say I hated it when the boat leaned really far over. I was a little tense at times, even though I was assured over and over it was impossible to capsize the model of sail boat we were in. I had my doubts...

After the sailing (which may or may not have given me a heart attack at times) we drank a little champagne on the dock and then heading back to the hotel to get ready for dinner.

Zach (our new friend) took us to a really fun restaurant and then went out for a little. All in all, it was an excellent day.

Sunday morning was a relaxing day. We got some breakfast in the Historic Gas Lamp District and walked around an art show that was happening right by our hotel. Then it was time to say farewell to San Diego. I definietly want to go back- 2 days was not enough.


Fun, fun and now we can't WAIT to be in Manhattan this weekend. Who's going to the game??

0 comments:

Post a Comment