Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Who would have thought....

I have been working out consistently for almost two months now. Adam and I LOVE Crossfit. Like are obsessed. Like this could be one of the best things that has happened to us in a long time. I know, slightly dramatic, but it puts me in the best mood and I can tell a difference in my body in only 2 months.

For example, when I started Crossfit. I couldn't do a pull-up. I mean... who can?! So I had to do modified pullups which basically means, I used a stretchy band (or two or three) to put my foot through that helped me get my chin over the bar. I kid you not (I am still quite overwhelmed by this fact) but I can do pullups now with NO HELP! In fact, I can do pull ups with weight on my back (12 lbs to be exact...). It is pretty surreal.

I feel better about myself, even if I don't look very different yet and I truly feel like I am missing out on my rest days when I can't go hang out and see everyone else. The other members are so fun and the coaches are amazing too. I have talked to the owner of the gym and I think sometime next year, I am going to become Crossfit certified so I can become an instructor. I have never cared about how fast I can run, how much I can lift or how long I can hold a handstand for... but I care now. In fact, Adam and I come home from our workouts and record how fast we did the workout and what weights we used... I know, weird.

And I feel like if I told my family this, they would laugh. This is NOT the typical Emily. I am just really enjoying myself and I love feeling passionate about something. Yes, I used the word passionate about working out. WHO IS THIS GIRL?

Adam and I are going to do a few classes when we are back in KC if anyone wants to join. The only Crossfit in KC is at 95th and Nall so shoot me an email if you want to tag along and get your butt kicked :)

PS- I am MVP of the week on the Crossfit website.... www.crossfitlodo.com. Pretty excited when I saw that posted.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I have done a couple classes here in KC with Coach Rutherford and loved it!! What classes are you guys doing here while in KC? I would love to join, although it is pretty pricey so I have held off to this point. Do you mind me asking how much you and Adam pay in Denver? I can definitely say it kicked my butt and I know if I stuck with it, I would get great results. I work so much better when someone is instructing me on what to do, rather than aimlessly wandering around in a gym ;)

    ReplyDelete