Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Spreading some Christmas Cheer

As mentioned before, I have not done much this Holiday season. No baking, no decorating, no nothing. So when Adam gchatted me yesterday saying how he had received like 4 Christmas gifts from his co-workers, I realized very quickly that I needed to pick up my game. So with my new Christmas game-face on- I quickly came up with an quick, easy and cute idea that I had read about on Krista Kutter's blog. The idea came from THIS post (and, yes, her's turned out better than mine.... so don't judge me). I decided to make Jars with a cookie recipe inside, tie an instruction card to it and call it good.


Off I went to Michael's, the grocery store and Office Max. I got my ingredients, jars, ribbon, spray paint and cards.

I really like how fun this project turned out to be.... the hardest part?! Umm... that would be Step 1, which required me to remove the stickers from the jar.. Literally, they were impossible to remove. Luckily, I had some Goo Gone on hand to rescue me.
After the stickers were off, the rest was FAIRLY easy. Spray paint the lids, design the card, go to print the cards, realize we are completely out of ink... run back to Office Max... spending another $60 on ink, come home, get the cards printed and everything set and ready to go.
My sweet, Christmas-spirited husband decided he was going to help even though the KSU game was on. We muted the game, put on some Christmas music and went to town filling up the jars. Of course, I made a batch for ourselves (these cookies=delicious). The jars turned out pretty great, but next time, I am going to tweak some of my design... but overall, they were quick, easy, relatively cheap and I think they make the perfect gift for a co -worker, neighbor, teacher, friend etc. Plus, I have already compared these to the other gifts Adam received and so far I am in first place for most creative. Muhahaha.
Yes, thank you printer for eating some of the cards I bought. This is why there are two versions of the jars. This one pictured above and then the green or red cards pictured at the very top (which I actually ended up liking better anyways).
So there it is folks. My contribution to the Holiday season. And guess what?! I am off the mall here in a bit to finish up some gifts. I think this means I am un-grinchified.

2 comments:

  1. They turned out super cute! I've been wanting to make those for years, but never have. After you and Krista successfully tackled it, I might have to do it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Emily! Glad they worked out for you! I love how you named them Jingle Jar Cookies.

    ReplyDelete