Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Never-Ending Holiday!

The Holidays make me sad. They make me really reflect on the year, realize another year has gone by and as I start to prepare myself for the coming year, I get an emotional wave when I realize how blessed I am and how fast time passes! Don't get me wrong I LOVE the Holidays... but as I get older they really affect me more and more. This Holiday season was more than we could have asked for. It was a jammed-packed 9 days but we loved every second of our trip!

Instead of boring you with every detail (which I had typed up and just deleted) I am going to take you through the highlights!

#1- leaving Denver on Christmas Eve at 5:30am. My husband loves Christmas and couldn't wait to get home (this would have NEVER happened in my pre-married life because I love to sleep).
#2- Our present from the kids to the Griffins were tickets to Transyberian Orchestra as a family. It was SUCH a fun night. We cooked dinner for Adam's parents at Kelly and Kenny's house and then went to the show all together.
Self timer pic... the best one we got.

#3- Pinstripe Bowl!! We left KC early on the 30th to make it in time for the game. Besides the outcome, our trip to NYC was memorable. We stayed with my Aunt and Uncle who are so generous and just make everything that much more fun. I want their life.
It was sun-shiny bright!!!!
This picture of my boots is to remind myself never to wear them to a cold sporting event. At this point in time, my feet were sooo cold, it was painful and I could have cried about it.

#4- New Years Eve! We were still in NY (actually staying in Stamford, CT) but my Aunt made Adam and I a reservation at this cute wine bar/restaurant in the quaint town of New Canan, CT. Adam and I got some alone time and just enjoyed each other's company. We reflected on the year and talked about our goals for 2011. After polishing off a bottle of wine, we headed home to watch the ball drop with the fam!
The one and only picture taken on NYE! If you don't have a funny younger sister, you should get one.
#5- Touring NYC! We saw it all..... and I love it there....
My Aunt Cindy and Nat in front of the 4 story Forever XII in Times Square. We spent a quality amount of time in there :)

#6- We were traveling for about 22 hours on Sunday. We had a six AM flight out of CT and our connection was several hours delayed, so by the time we landed in KC and drove the 9 hours back to Denver, we had been awake and in an airport, plane or car for about 22 hours of the day. Fun, fun!
All in all, we had an excellent twenty ten and have high hopes for twenty-eleven. Stay tuned for my next post which is the typical and expected New Years resolution post!
Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment