Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Extremely Fun

I was a single mom all last week. Adam was gone for SIX days for work and so between Facebook, reading and napping, I tried to fill the week with some social activities. They included: Dinner and Black Swan with Jamie Smith, family dinner with Larry, Becky, Zach and Phil and lunch and costume shopping with Nikki and Georgia. Seriously, I did more with friends last week than I have in a long time.
Georgia is the owner of Crossfit Lodo (Lodo means Lower Downtown. It is an area in Denver... in case you were wondering) and she had planned an Aspen Extreme costume/beer pong tournament at the gym on Saturday night. Adam was gone, so Nikki and I were partners (we made it to semi-finals...). Needless to say, our costumes were awesome, our beer pong skills were sub-par but our flip cup skills were amazing and our dance skills were indescribable. I had a great time.
Greatest. Picture. Ever.

I would have to say the best part about having a party at the gym is this: all of the sudden you would look over and someone would be doing pull ups, practicing a handstand, or attempting un-assisted keg stands (pretty sweet). When the dance party started, out came the kettle bells and medicine balls. Its amazing the dance moves you can come up with using gym equipment.

1 comments: