Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Too serious for a Wednesday... but really wanted to get your opinions

Have you heard about the Kenya West's new music video called Monster? There is a huge debate going on right now because the video features dead girls hanging from the ceiling, drugged up girls in lingerie on a bed (with Kenya right there with them...), and some even worse stuff... etc., etc. It has created a huge hoo-plah because with sex-trafficking being such a huge deal right now, along with women rights, people are saying this video is flat-out wrong and dare I say... woman hating?!

Here is the article. About mid -way down is the link to the video teaser. People are so against this video there is a petition to sign, too.... if you feel so inclined.

Here are my thoughts: I probably wouldn't have thought twice about this video, until I read the article. This video is definitely toeing a very thin line. It shows the dominance of men over women and there are major world issues right now that are not a joking matter and can be assumed that this video is depicting (sex trafficking/sex slavery). As one commenter says... "there has to be a line somewhere" which I totally agree with, or else the line keeps getting pushed back and back. As a 25 year old, I honestly don't really care that much, BUT, I will probably start caring a lot more about what is shown on TV once I have kids.

Anyways, this was interesting enough for me to post on this blog. I really want your opinions. Is this video harmless? Are people just over reacting? Or has Kenya West gone a little too far with this one?

Happy Wednesday!

1 comments:

  1. So an African country is in bed with drugged up girls? Weird...

    ReplyDelete