Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

1st day of work

My first work day went something like this:

I took WAY too long to figure out what to wear for my first day. My wardrobe is an epic failure. In my new job, I can wear what I want. This is great, but the last two years I have worked from home (sweats), traveled (suits) and we out (dressier clothes). Basically, I have nothing in-between of sweats and dressier clothes. After I finally figured out what to wear, Adam and I commuted together to Boulder. It was actually kinda fun. Like your parents dropping you off your first day of school.....
The walk to the office was another story. We parked about 2-3 blocks away and my new shoes rubbed and rubbed my heels the entire way to my office. By the time I got there- they were bleeding, no joke. I could barely walk the entire day. I am surprised I didn't get asked why I was limping.

My job is great so far. Brand new Macbook Pro laptop (I am pretty excited about this), "Cookie Tuesday" at the office (just what it sounds like-every Tuesday), people are so relaxed, happy, hard workers, etc. Every Friday we get lunch delivered to the office. There is a great vibe to the place and to working in Boulder, so overall I think it will be a good fit! Definitely a change coming from a larger corporate company.

Thats the quickie update. Will blog better later!


1 comments: