Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Not sure why I decided to start a blog....

Well, it is a random Wednesday in August and like usual, I am working from home and possibly a little bored. I would have never thought I would be the blogging type until I realized that Adam doesn't think my stories are that funny... like my friends do. Maybe you all have just done a great job of faking it over the years, but I think I have good stories, so I decided to start writing them.


About me: Adam and I were just married on June 6, 2009. We moved from Dallas, TX to Denver, CO pretty much on a whim. We were a little tired of Dallas and had always heard great things about Denver- so decided to give it a shot. So in the midst of planning a wedding, we moved to Denver and I ended up getting a new job with an awesome company called American Traffic Solutions (ATS). Basically I sell red light cameras and speed cameras. Though I don't tell many people what I do anymore (some people are soooooo against these) I have truly enjoyed my position so far. Oh! and by the way... we just got a puppy named Tyson. He is a lab/shepard mix (maybe) from the rescue. So, not to be too much like Ali Moore's blog, there will be some stories about him along the way.


Disclaimer:

  • I am an awful speller- so there will be several misspelled words throughout my blog
  • I sometimes am a little too wordy
  • grammer is not always steller
  • I really like using smiley faces... :)
  • My brains gets ahead of how fast and I can type and I might leave out a word or two... or don't double check my typing and might put an "if" instead of "in" or an "I" instead of an "It" etc.
  • I also make up words (just learned "confirmational" is not a word.. been using it in my job for the last 2.5 yrs- woops!)
  • I type things how they sound. For instance, I was typing to Adam once and we were talking about packing. I said something like..."you need to pack your toilet trees" he said "my what???" ... "your toilet trees, Adam... you know toothbrush, razor,etc..." Why didn't I know it was "toiletries"???? Cause nobody ever told me.
Anyways, so lets get this blog started! Below is a family picture from last weekend.





3 comments:

  1. Emily... Allison told me about your blog last night so I read the first entry before bed and I've got to say... you are freakin' way funnier than all the stories you've told in the past. I went to bed eager to wake up, go to work and finish reading all your enties.

    For the record, "grammar" is spelled with an "ar" not an "er." I learned this in 3rd grade when I lost the spelling bee spelling the word with an "er" so don't you ever forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah... I also forgot to tell you how interesting I thought it was that for the "about me" section in your first post, you started right off by telling us all you were just married to Adam and you now have a dog. What? Were the first 23 years of your life not a good story "about you?"

    Too funny.

    My about me section would have gone something like this:

    Hi. I'm Nick F. Paradise. The "F" stands for "Freaking Awesome" and I never get tired of Adam and Emily telling me that's what they think of me. I eat excellence for breakfast, lunch and dinner because that's what legends do. Most people are afraid of me because I'm more ripped the the Incredible Hulk's pants. I've been described often as resembling Brad Pitt, Ryan Reynolds, Val Kilmer.. and of course, Jesus. I can't actually walk on water as most think would be possible but I can plant thought into your head because I'm a mind ninja... and really freaking awesome. I'm not only a genius but also really really intelligent. I'm very humble. The other details of my life can be summed up in 19 words: Being the best in life is what I do and all I've ever known and all I've strived for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you should start a blog ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete