Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

You know you're married when...

Getting married has been awesome, not only do I get to hang out with my best friend all the time, but I also get to learn something new about him almost everyday. Some of them good, some of them interesting and then, of course, the few things that take a while to get used to. There have been a few things that I have learned along the way, that one doesn't think about prior to marriage. Of course, I love Adam with all my heart, but I decided to start this "you know you're married when.." post and keep it on-going the more I learn and figure out.

1) You know you're married when your car insurance rate goes up because your partner does not have a stellar driving record (who knew his driving record would affect me?!)

2) You know you're married when you spend your free time researching recipes to cook for dinner... believe it or not, I do all the time :)

3) You know you're married when your expenses double for the month (double incomes are great, but that just means double the expenses too, so it really just evens out).

4) You know you're married when you are addressed or introduced as "married people" or these are my "married friends" instead of "Adam" and "Emily"

5) You know you're married when you are allowed to open the other one's mail :) especially when it relates to a bank account or credit card bill

6) You know you're married when you go to all the trouble to change your name on everything and just when you think you are finished, your new Capital One credit card comes with the names:
Emily A Grissis and Adam G Grissis (confirmation right there that the customer service is outsourced, probably to India).

7) You know you're married when, even though it has only been 2 months, you have been asked approx. 30 times when you are having kids.

8) You know you're married when your husband asks if he can go out (hehe)


That is all I got for now, but I will be updating this list occasionally... for all you married folks, I am sure you can relate and for those who aren't... get excited and just wait... signing off...

4 comments:

  1. You know you're married when you just want to have couple friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you are married when your husband constantly complains about how much "tp" you use :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you're married when you have a wedding and invite all your friends to come and then afterwards you have a party to celebrate and your friend Nick ends up cooking gift shop pizzas for your parents, their neighbors and Greg.

    You know you're married because you're not completely mental and you were there when it happened.

    Oh yeah... what's this double income thing all about? I think it should be called "Emily's income with a splash of Adam." Has that guy actually sold anything yet?

    ReplyDelete