Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Colorful Colorado!

This weekend was the first of many annual fall foliage tours. This is been something Adam has been talking about since we moved here. He absolutely LOVES fall and our new camera (and pumpkin spice lattes) so Sunday was pretty much the perfect day for him. I have to admit, I was not too excited... i just didn't see how driving around for hours looking at trees was going to be fun, but much to my surprise- it was!!! Phil Mann came with us also and I am so glad he did because he knew the perfect routes to take to get some great views and he is always fun to hang out with.

Here is a piece of information that I learned... Aspens (these are the trees with the white trunks) only turn for 1-2 weeks before the leaves fall off. So you have to plan accordingly because you have a limited amount of time to see these gorgeous trees in color. First stop from Denver was Idaho Springs for a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks and then we were off on our travels!

Here are some pictures taken by Adam this weekend. He really is becoming an amazing photographer! I was very impressed... to see the full album of photos, please visit his facebook page! PS- the yellow trees are the Aspens, which are usually green (duh)



Me and Phil... breath taking background. Look at the snow on the mountains!

Days like yesterday make me realize how blessed Adam and I truly are to live in such a beautiful place. God's creation never ceases to amaze me!

1 comments: