Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Q: What to do when your dog eats allergy medicine?

A: Depends on breed/weight, but if they didn't get too much. Burn a piece of toast and scrap the char into some food they will eat. When in the stomach this charcoal acts as an absorber to the toxins. What the dog closely the rest of the day.

I found this out this morning after Adam had left for work and I got out of the shower. I open the shower door and see white pills scattered along the floor. I immedialetly know Tyson has gotten into my Zyrtec. I quickly get all the pills I can and count the amount of days since i bought this bottle (45 pills) I take one per day... ok, so I am counting a total of 16 pills that I have taken and 20 pills here on the floor. Great! That leaves 9 pills that are unaccounted for.... this is where I approach freak out mode. I am on the phone with Adam, so I let him go so I can call the vet. I do one last check around the house and voila, I find some more pills. So total accounted pills were 44, so he maybe ate one. It was a scary moment this morning. I started envisioning him having to get his stomach pumped and then, what if he died and it was all my fault, cause I left the bottle next to the bed on the floor. Anyways, I went ahead and did the toast thing and he has been acting normal (maybe sleeping a little more than usual- drowsy from the allergy medicine maybe? LOL).

Another quick Tyson story: This morning after the allergy medicine fiasco, he was in my office just sitting there, looking out the window. All the sudden I hear him fart (sidenote: I have never heard him do this, yet... not out loud). Anyways, Tyson jumps at the sound and quickly turns around to see what made that noise and if something was behind him. He sniffs around, can't find anything so gives up and sits back down to continue looking out the window. A few seconds later he toots again!!! And does the exact same thing- turns around to see what made that noise. It was pretty funny and I think today was the first time (to my knowledge) he has tooted out loud.

Have a great day!
XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment