Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Doggie Drama

Today is one of the those days... it is cool outside, over cast and Tyson got to go to the vet today. He was due for he third round of shots and on top of that, he has been scratching a lot lately, always has goop in his eyes, stuffed up, etc. So, I told the vet that I am sure he has allergies (like his mother).

This is the first time to this vet. They are close to the house and so I figured we would try them out. Welp, $207.00 later we will not be going back. He had 2 shots, plus the cost of the office visit. The Vet insisted on doing all these tests on him (for his allergies), making me buy this special food, etc. I felt VERY mislead by her and on top of that- his nail trim was an extra $16!!! Isn't that a load of crap? I thought so. To make matters worse, Tyson was OUT OF CONTROL at the vet. He would not stop jumping/running around everywhere..... he personally loved every minute of it. He did not understand the concept of sitting on the examination table. The whole time we was trying to eat everything (including the supplies, needles, etc.) He would not listen to me and pretty much had a panic attack when his nails were trimmed. So much so, that he peed a little in the table. My arms are literally dead from restraining my devil dog. I am mad at him right now.

Anyways, the one thing I have learned from this experience is to get recommendations (hard to do when you don't know hardly anyone is this city!) and ASK HOW MUCH things cost. The vet literally never asked me if it was ok to do what she was doing... she just worked away and when I got the bill almost had a heart attack.

Also, if you read my post on what to feed your dog, I spoke of a brand of food called Innova that is supposed to be amazing. The food that the vet made me buy is hypo-allergenic food. I didn't even read it before purchasing. When I got home, literally the ingredients consists of Starch (first ingredient), canola oil, vegetable oil and whole bunch of chemicals I can't pronounce. So seriously, I just wasted $36.00 on food I will not feed him. There isn't even any sort of "real" food in there. I was shocked.... so I FINALLY am off to a store this afternoon to buy Innova for Tyson to see if that helps his food allergies. The vet did say since he is young, then it is a food allergy.

PS- Tyson is older than we thought! B Day was on 5/31/09 just found out from the microchip place, so that makes him 16.5 weeks today :) He also is almost 30 lbs already and becoming more of a brat everyday. But we love him.... most of the time.

1 comments:

  1. Franklin is 14 weeks old today and becoming more of a brat daily. I know how you feel! So sorry you had a bad vet experience...that is one thing I love about our vet...they give you an estimate of everything they want to do and then talk through what's necessary, optional, etc. And, pedicures are free. I would be so mad! You should write a bad review on Google search to warn others.

    I want our puppies to meet!

    ReplyDelete