Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

When times get tough....

For those of you who read my last post, I wrote about some car trouble Adam and I have been having....

When we moved to Denver, Adam's car was not doing too great. We took it to the shop and they quoted 1500 dollars for repair. It isn't worth that much (1995 Ford Explorer) so we decided to hold off because since I work from home, we don't necessarily need two cars. So for the last few months, we have been using my car and it has been working out OK with just the one. We have been meaning to sell Adam's car, but just haven't gotten to it yet :)

Well, last week when my parents were here, we drove my car up to the mountains (30 min drive) and it was running so sluggish (literally, I was petal to the floor and it would only go 55 ish up hill). I was getting passed by semis! So Adam and I decided to schedule a time to take it in. So this Wednesday, we tried to take my car into the shop. We go out in the morning it won't start... this is the first time this happened. When we finally get it going and up to the shop, I end up spending $1000 on repairs. You think that 1 thousand dollars will get you through for the next 6 months or so... well, not my car. The NEXT day it won't start.... long story short is it is not working what- so- ever at all. Larry Duncan and Becky Hodnefield were here this weekend and we couldn't even make it up to the mountains. We had to turn around and come back in the middle of the drive. Now it is back in the shop and I need two catalytic converters... price quote is $2700. Shoot me in the head.

Luckily, this guy is awesome (new shop). he is really nice and completely understanding. Apparently, everyone is "sold out" of their catalytic converters, so he had to go through Infiniti (which is the most expensive option). So right now, I am researching these things online and hoping to find some that will work. I will probably save around 1500 dollars if I can find some online and he is helping me research. But still.... Adam and I have no car for the time being and we have a crazy week.

Please let me know if any of you have an extra car laying around that you would like to "donate" to us.

PS- NEVER go to Pep Boys (I wrote a nasty review on them today) if anyone is interested in reading. Google Pep Boys Denver and look at the Broadway location. You mess with me, I mess with you (name that quote).

0 comments:

Post a Comment