Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Cheers to Marriage! 9 months and counting...

This weekend, after my LOOONNGGG week in Scottsdale, Adam and I attended a marriage conference in CO Springs and stayed at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort. My parents had given us this as a Christmas gift in 2008. And yes, it has been almost a year and a half since we got the gift and we have FINALLY had the chance to use it. It was put on my Family Life Ministries and it was amazing.

View from our balcony



I would recommend it to any engaged/married couple. They do them all around the nation and if you live in a larger city, I am sure there will be one close to you this year! Adam and I really got a lot out of it and grew closer as a couple. It gave us some good "nuts and bolts" to put to use in our marriage. The speakers were amazing and all the sessions were really applicable to our everyday.


Anyways, I would encourage any of you newlyweds to try and attend one of these conferences sometime in the next year or two. If you can get off on the right start, the chances of your marriage lasting forever are increased! And sadly, with the divorce rate so high- marriage is something that you have to work at every day of your life. We heard a lot of older couples saying "if only we had been to this ___ years ago- it would have really helped"

Here is the link to look at the dates and locations in your area. If you are really interested in this, Adam and I would love to help out with the cost as a wedding gift- so let us know :)
https://secure.familylife.com/site/pp.aspx?c=dnJHKLNnFoG&b=4432699


Cheers to marriage!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a successful 9 months! You two are such a great couple : )

    ReplyDelete