Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What a (stinky) night

Oh the joys of dog ownership. I feel these joys are definitely preparing us for children. Let me explain.

Last night, in the middle of the night, I heard Tyson crying/whining in his kennel. I assume he is just being a brat because he doesn't want to be in there... (I have been traveling so much and Adam lets Tyson sleep in the bed when I am gone). I yell at Tyson to stop crying- he does. About 2 minutes later, we hear the sound of diarrhea exiting Tyson. Oh Crap! (literally).

First thought of mine was "lets just leave it until the morning".... I was slightly out of it at this point. Adam is like- are you joking?! So we get up, let Tyson outside which he continues to go to the bathroom everywhere (poor little boy). We then survey the damage. Disgusting. Adam takes the crate outside to clean it. In the meantime... some of the pooh falls onto the floor as we are carrying the crate outside. Thank goodness we have wood floors. So we clean it up. Adam is in charge of the crate and we think - thankfully, this is going to be a quick clean-up and back to bed.

It gets worse. I let Tyson inside... he immediately runs into the bedroom and jumps on the bed and lays down. We are still cleaning the crate, so when Tyson gets up from the bed- I gag... because I realize he has poo all over him- which is now on the bed. SICK. SICK. SICK.

Now, I am in charge of giving Tyson a bath, Adam strips the bed (sheets, duvet, pillow top, etc). We start a load of laundry. I finish giving Tyson a bath, put new sheets on the bed and bring the clean crate back inside and lay some new towels in it.

Our bedroom smells horrible!!!! I spray freshener, we light a match, but the smell is there to stay for the night. I will say it again... DISGUSTING!

4 comments:

  1. I so know how you feel...been there, done that! Thankfully, Chloe is tiny and so are her messes but I agree that it is definitely preparing us for children in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that is seriously disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's funny how Emily (this is Adam typing) changes her stories around and calls herself "Tyson". She's been pooping the bed for days now!!!!

    ReplyDelete