Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Luck of the Irish (or German)

Well, I know there is a rumor that floats around that I am a "lucky" person. Do I think this? No... I think I am a very go-with-the-flow type of person, therefore, take things as they come and don't plan too much into the future (that way, if you have no plans, they can't get messed up..). Anyways, today is the first time in life I will admit that I got lucky this morning. As some of you saw, I posted on my FB status that I missed my flight. It wasn't really anyones fault. I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5am on the dot... but one thing lead to another and when i got to the airport the security lines were the longest I have EVER seen. So... I missed my 7:30am flight. I was really bummed, but also had never missed my flight, so didn't really know what I was supposed to do.
I get up to the gate (watching the plane pull away that I was supposed to be on) and I tell the lady that I was supposed to be on that flight right now. She grabs my boarding pass and pulls up my name and is like "wow, that is weird... you are already scheduled on the 8:45am flight" I am like really?! She asks if I talked to anyone or called ahead and I was like NO. I literally checked in, stood in the security line forever and then came to you. Long story short (or long) she has no idea how I was automatically put on the 8:45 am flight without talking to anyone and it was a full flight. I will probably only say this one time in my life, but Lucky me! This saved me a lllloooonnnggg day of standby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment