Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Boston- the City of Love

No, it is not the city of love... I just really love it. The weather is turning, the beach vacationers are coming in for the summer and everyone is HAPPY! I would be too if it had been cloudy, rainy and snowy for the past 7 months! But it is BEAUTIFUL here. Lots of trees and water. Anyways, I am getting more and more familiar with the geography and pronunciation of cities the and towns (which has been the biggest challenge as a sales rep). Unlike the Midwest, New Englanders do not pronounce things the way we do which is every syllable in a word. For instance, the city of Haverhill is not pronounced Haver-hill... like everyone just read to themselves. I can't even type the way it is pronounced- just strange. The history of Boston and the entire state just makes me giddy with curiosity (ex: Salem is my account- like the witch town; Plymouth is my account- ever heard of Plymouth Rock?!). Everything justs make me feel out of my element in a good way.
Quick story. Last week, I went running around the city of Boston. My hotel had a jogging map that took you by some sites so I decided why not?! I was looking at the route and it took me past MIT (yes, the college)... which is 2 blocks down from Harvard (yes, that college). I would like to think I am still considered a college student while running in sweats near colleges- while people are driving by and thinking who knew the Harvard/MIT students had time outside of studying for runs?! Muhahaha. But then I look in my suitcase at my INAPPROPRIATE TEE-SHIRTS from college. "Beer is for breakfast... drink or be gone" "Classy Cat trick or Shot" etc, etc. Dead give-away I do not attend these prestigious schools, but am a POSER. Luckily, it was cold enough to wear my plain black fleece and let the passer-bys think what they will. :)

1 comments:

  1. Baahaha, beer is for breakfast…I wore that one to the gym this morning!!! Can't wait to see you this weekend missy! :)

    ReplyDelete