Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Adam has the "Keys" to my heart... hahaha

Last weekend, Adam and I celebrated 1 year of marriage! To celebrate, we took a vacation to Key West and Ft. Lauderdale- it was a much needed relaxing trip and I didn't want to it to end!! Anyways, here is a summary. Disclaimer: we did a horrible job of taking pictures. We didn't even pull out the camera but once or twice until third day of the trip so....
Adam flew into Ft. Lauderdale to meet me and we woke up the next morning bright eyed and really excited for our 4 hour trip to Key West- which was pretty fun and amazingly beautiful. We stopped for lunch on one if the islands (not sure which one) to officially kick off the trip.

Once we made it Key West, we had some time before check-in, so we walked around Duval Street and sweated our butts off. It was soooooooo hot and humid it was almost unbearable to be in the sun. So we quickly decided to see if we could check-in early and hit up the pool. We loved the resort decor by the way, so Adam took some good pics for some inspiration when we one-day decorate our own house/backyard! We seriously laid by the pool, read and sipped on beverages for the next day and a half. Oh! And got dressed up and ate great dinners and went out on Duval street as well (but we never took any pictures of that- I guess there is one below of me at dinner... )

We loved these old doors around the pool areas:


Hi Adam
Seriously, in love with the decor


These little geckos were EVERYWHERE (which I personally think are cute). But didn't someone just tell me they were endangered? Lies.


Here is a pic of the beds (yes, we booked too late to get a King room). I loved the decor (did I mention that already?). All teal and red. The Armoire opposite of the beds was a bright red.
The one and only picture of us (me) at dinner. Can't even see anything or my cute outfit. Next trip...


Our last day of Key West, we decided to take advantage of the ocean and so we went on a snorkeling trip. I typically love snorkeling, but this was a three hour trip- so just a long time to be out there. When we were snorkeling (which was actually amazing- we saw some HUGE fish!) it was pretty wavy and I got really motion-sick. So, when I got out of the water, I wasn't sure if I was going to throw up for the next thirty minutes or not. And Adam's nose is always too big for the snorkel mask (haha) so he was complaining about his nose hurting while we were in the water :) Gotta love him.

We walked by this tree on the way to the snorkel boat. Coolest tree, but coolest picture ever of the tree.




Sea turtle!!! So cool. I wanted to keep it.

Sunday morning we sadly said good bye to Key West. I was soooo sad to leave, I seriously considered moving there (but I didn't) and we drove back north to Ft. Lauderdale where we had a great hotel with a great pool and some beautiful beaches only about 2 blocks away. Adam went on a photography kick at the beach while I laid out.




All in all, great vacation. I love my sweet, sweet husband and am very thankful for him :) Next major trip up- Napa Valley with the Moores!!!! Let the count down begin....

0 comments:

Post a Comment