Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Break: 7 days down, 5 to go

First half of Christmas week in a nutshell.

We decide to drive from Denver to Wichita on the Wednesday before Christmas. We think this is going to be fine because we are leaving at 4:30am and I am assuming that we will be beat the storm we are hearing is going to happen on Wednesday. Well, nobody it mentioned it was actually going to start snowing Tuesday night, so when we woke up to leave at 4:30 and stepped outside, I think the first thought through my head was "oh crap". There was a few inches of snow already. The roads don't get bad until we get outside of the Denver limits. Then here is what we looked at for the next 7 hours of our lives:
Literally our 7.5 hour drive took us about 10 hours. We saw several cars off the road and flipped over, we were going 30 mph at one point and had a few close calls ourself (one where I was for sure we were going off the road. no question about it). BUT once we hit Fort Hays, the roads were clear and it was almost 40 degrees, so too warm for ice and we flew to make up some time into Wichita. Tyson was very restless by the end of this journey.

At one point I look back at him and this is what I saw. He is sitting, facing the trunk with is head directly bent backwards staring at us like "are we there yet??" it was hilarious. He also spent the last hour "hot boxing" us in the car with his toots. He went #2 twice in the Moore's backyard. One of them was horrible... sorry Moores!

Quick dog story. So anyone who has met Tyson knows he is a high-energy dog. I always heard that Labs were the most hyper dogs. Well, Ty has played with two different lab pups (Franklin and Dax) and Tyson both times has been non-stop play, play, play and much more hyper than both of the other dogs. Well, we are over at the Mann's house with Phillip and his girlfriend Nikki on Satursday and get on the subject of dogs. I ask them if they have met Luna (Adam and Jamie Smith's dog). Nikki responds with this answer "She is really cute and really hyper, but she is no Tyson"......... so it is official, I have the most hyper dog. I will admit it and I am learning to deal with it.

Anyways, we get into Wichita, see the Moores house which is adorable and Tyson gets some of his energy out while playing with Franklin (so cute!). Then you all the know the rest..... Thursday comes with a massive storm, which means on Christmas Day when we drive to KC to see Adam's family, we drive another 3 hours in snow/ice- but not near as bad as it was on Wednesday through Western Kansas. Christmas night with the Griffin's was a blast and Kelly, Kenny, Adam and I stayed up late playing games and drinking. So fun!

Now it is Tuesday, we are going to be in KC until January 3rd because of the Swain/Robben festivities which I CANNOT WAIT FOR! So excited!

Oh! And lastly, the only thing I really wanted for Christmas from my parents was new ski gear and my mom did AMAZING! At least I will look the part now :) Here is the ski jacket she got Adam

Just kidding. This coat is one we found in Marshalls and thought was hiliarious! She did a great job, though and I can't wait to wear my gear down the mountain- lookin like a badass.


0 comments:

Post a Comment