Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Please teach me how to be cool

So badly I want to be cool when I am skiing. I try really hard to be, but I know I am not. First of all, my snow pants that I bought sr. year of college are too small- therefore, they do not snap at the top and I get nervous my pants are going to unzip and fall down while I am skiing. Secondly, I have orange skis. Like, REALLY orange skis. My apparel does not match them at all and I have no money to buy new stuff with. Fashion is huge on the mountain and I cannot compete.

I literally cannot walk in ski boots. I absolutely HATE walking in them. They hurt and are way too heavy on my feet. So, when I have to go down steps... I stick out like a sore thumb because I am the girl holding onto the railing, while trying not to fall and not to drop my skis. Speaking of carrying skis, I guess there is a certain way to carry your skis. Well, nobody told me. I carry them however I feel like carrying them. Today, Adam and I went and put our stuff in the car before walking to a bar to grab a beer. Well, everyone was leaving the slopes and a local literally walked by people and yelled at them "LEARN HOW TO CARRY YOUR SKIS". Seriously??? I am so happy he didn't see me with mine because I literally speared a lady with my skis today because I was carrying them wrong. I am sorry, but they are heavy and I don't like putting them on my shoulder like everyone else.

Skiing down the mountain.... today, I felt like I was getting better, feeling more confident, etc. Until the group of 5 year olds in ski school pass me and they all look like badasses. Seriously, I still "pie" the whole way down and I have a hard time stopping. Other give aways that I am a novice: I don't have a helmet yet (like everyone else wears), I don't have goggles because I lost mine, and if you stand at the bottom of the mountain I am the girl that isn't wearing a helmet, does not match, is flailing around, and has GETTO poles (but they were free!). I am sure I am the entertainment for people watching the skiers while eating their lunch.

1 comments:

  1. All your posts make me laugh! Since I'm unemployed and have all the time in the world to stalk everyone else, I read your blog for entertainment and definitely helps the day go by ;) Hope you and Adam are doing wonderful. -Stefanie

    ReplyDelete