Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Changes on the horizon

Okay, so I have stirred up some curiousity about my hypocritical facebook status today. Well, here it is:
I might be getting a promotion. I was waiting on a call from one of the VP's all today to discuss. I wasn't sure if he was going to tell me right then and there if I was getting it or not... so I was nervous all day and just trying to keep busy. Plus I thought he was going to call in the morning, but we didn't speak until like 4pm so I had ALLLLL day to think about it.
We talked and it went well, and basically now I have to put together a 90 day plan for what I would do in this next roll, send it into him, and then talk again. I should know within the next two weeks most likely so I will keep you all posted. Basically I would be moved into an outside sales role, covering Massachusetts. I would be traveling every week most likely into the Boston area and it would be a very high pressure, but a chance to make a lot, a lot of money. I am not one to chase after money, but it would be a situation where I would work my butt off for the next year and re-evaluate my life. I am nervous/excited/anxious about this possibility- but I really have nothing holding me back right now and I LOVE fish and chips. And where is a better place to eat them than in Boston? Plus I would have amazing travel benefits.... so we will see. My company would be taking leap of faith on me, especially since I am about 15-20 years younger than the other reps and the only girl workin in a man's world (in my industry at least). But there's just something in me that loves to be the underdog and come out on top :)

We will see. I honestly won't be very upset if i don't get it, but would like to be given the chance! Toodles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment