Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Ty-Ty and his Blankie


Yes, Tyson has a blanket. Let me clarify, I have a blanket (which was actually a wedding gift and it embroidered with our name and date on it) which is MY favorite. It is fleece on one side and furry on the other. It matches our living room perfectly and I love it. Well, Tyson has decided that he loves it more.

He literally is obsessed with it. For instance, it carries it around with him everywhere. When I settle into my office in the morning, Tyson goes to get the blanket from the living room (where he left it the night before). He drags it into the office so it is there to lay on all day and suck on (I will get to this in a minute). When my work day is complete and I move into the living room, guess who follows- dragging the blanket along with him. At first I would get annoyed when he would lay all over it, but now it is impossible to separate him from it and I have given up.

The funniest part about this, is Tyson doesn't just lay on this blanket. Every time he takes a mouth-full of it and just sits there, sucking on it. He doesn't chew it or anything, he just likes it in his mouth. Adam and I have asked around why he might do this and the only theory we have heard is that since he didn't have a mother he nursed on (since he was abandoned), he was weened too early and just has this sort of weird oral thing. But I am telling you, it is ONLY with this blanket! Several times, he has been fast asleep- with a mouthful of blanket all cozied up. Although my favorite blanket is no longer really mine, I still wash it weekly and try to put it away so he can't get to it. I mean, it is a really nice blanket. But the second I pull it out. Tyson claims it once again.






2 comments:

  1. Em! I can't believe Tyson does the same thing that Riley does! He literally, puts in a mouthful of blanket and happily sucks on it for hours. We've also asked around about it and all we get is "maybe it's self-soothing", cause he was weened from his mom at the normal puppy age. Well, at least we know, our dog isn't the only crazy one! That is so funny. -Kate

    ReplyDelete