Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Mental Block?

So, with the house-hunt on a temporary freeze Adam has let me know that I am too frustrating to house-hunt with, in fact, he doesn't want to be my realtor. I think his direct quote was.... "You will not be happy until we find a mansion in Wash Park".

Not true at all... I just haven't felt anything special towards any houses recently. So what if I am picky? This is our future and the biggest financial investment of our lives so far. There have been several that I have thought to myself "this is cute, I am sure I could be happy here, but I don't know" Is this how any of you felt?

I finally admitted today that I think I just have a mental block against houses right now. Do you ever know when it is the "right" one? Do you get a feeling... or do you just look for the house that meets the most of your must-have list?

3 comments:

  1. I despised our house and completely ruled it out after we looked at it. It wasn't until I went and looked at 10 more house and realized that I loved the floorplan the best, it was a reasonable price, and with some work....we could make it ours. So no..I didn't have "the feeling" that it was our house at first, but it grew on me and now I'm in love!! You will figure it out soon, Em! Just tell Adam to back off and let you be picky or I'll send Jimmy to kick his butt. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Britt! I didn't love our house the first time I came to look at it, but Andrew convinced me it was worth a second look. It was in our favorite neighborhood and in our price range and could be spruced up with a few easy project. Well worth it now! Be patient - the right one will come along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We definitely had the feeling. It just feels like you are finally home.

    ReplyDelete