Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Another great CO weekend

Last weekend, the one and only Jan Griffin came into town (aka: best mother-in-law ever).

We had a fabulous weekend. Thursday night we went to this awesome open-air Mexican restaurant in a part of Denver called the Highlands. Adam and I love this place, but have only been there once. Jan loved it (as we knew she would).
Mother/Son love.....




Friday, Adam and I did have to work, but Jan took Tyson on a long walk and we managed a trip to Nordstrom rack in the afternoon. I cooked us dinner (one of my favorite pasta recipes) and then we went to see Eat Pray Love. It was very good and I would recommend it to anyone (it is NOT a total chick flick).

Saturday we had an action-packed day. It started with a trip to the farmer's market. Then we picked up C-Kells and headed up to the mountains. Mt. Evans has the highest paved road in North America and it's where Jordan Mann's memorial is. The views up here are amazing. It literally feels like you are on top of the world.



Happy Dog! In his element...

We saw some of these guys on the way up




And some of these....

Just to put this in perspective. It was about 85 degrees in Denver this day. It was 40 degrees up here with a wind chill in the 30's.

And Courtney and I pretty much dressed alike and I think I could be a third Kelly in these pictures. Adam and Jan kept commenting how from a distance, you literally couldn't tell us apart. Pretty funny!

Then we stopped by this amazing lake on the way down the mountain.

Twins??


Saturday night I made my famous enchiladas and we made some vodka tonics and hung out with some friends for awhile. And Sunday we took a day trip to Golden, CO where we just walked around, listened to some live music and drank a few beers. We rented a movie that night and chillaxed.
It was such a great weekend. Adam and I are blessed to have such great family and freinds!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment