Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Some poeple are not worth blogging about

But I am going to waste some of my time to tell you all a quick story I need to vent about.

Last week, I started running outside. Up until now Tyson has only been on walks- not runs... so we are teaching him how to run with us. He constantly has "play" on the mind, so the most annoying thing he does while running is jumping up to grab his own leash. It is a game he likes to play while we are running for some reason. This makes it very hard to run with him. Each time he has gotten better and we have been pretty good about when he starts to do this, stopping looking at him in the face and punishing him quickly.... so slowly, but surely he is getting better and better the more runs we go on.

Washington Park is just over a 3 mile loop. It is filled with bikers, pedestrians, dogs and strollers. They have a line dividing the paved path- one side is for bikers and the other for walkers/runners. Colorado is filled with bikers... professionals and wanna be professionals and several of them come to train at Wash Park. Well, in my opinion, if you are a biker at Washington Park , you better be prepared for the amounts of people. And this brings me to my story about today......

Adam, Tyson and I had just begun our run. Typically, Tyson is the most hyper at the beginning of the run and therefore- he leash game is the hardest to control at the beginning. I had the leash and we were clearly on the "pedestrian" side of the path when a biker zooms by and yells back at me "GET THAT DOG UNDER CONTROL". Ummm....... excuse me????? Adam yells back at the biker "GET YOUR FAT ASS UNDER CONTROL" (yes, he was a fat- wanna be biker... new years resolution guy). I am not sure why, but this really annoyed me. 1) Tyson is a puppy 2) we were nowhere close to in his way- so why does he care 3) He seriously yelled it at me- and there were other people around, which makes it even more embarrassing

Anyways- so here is what I would say to him if I had the chance "We weren't doing anything wrong- and you need to lighten up because apparently you have a stick up your butt.... and PS- your bike has a weight limit... jack ass"

1 comments:

  1. I totally sympathize with you. Clearly this man has issues. We were at the dog park up here last weekend, IN THE OFF-LEASH AREA, when some random guy starts yelling that we need to have our dog on a leash. Um, I'm sorry, you are delusional and not worth my time. Sorry this guy got under your skin. So annoying.

    ReplyDelete