Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

A few clarifications/our Biz...

I just got back from one of the best weekends. More to come on Erica's bachelorette party soon....
Anyways, I wanted to clarify a few things/describe our business for my readers!! I want everyone to understand that Adam and I have been thinking about this for a long time. This was not a spur-of-the-moment anything. At the end of the day, I am a financially conservative person with goals and the hope to eventually buy a house and have kids. We also understand that if ALLL of our money goes to bumblepost.com (yes, that's the name) then we won't be able to go backpacking. In my post below.... what is mapped out is the Cinderella story of everything falling into place. I am telling you all now, that we are fully concentrated on the business first and foremost. We are both keeping our jobs the entire to time to save as much money as possible, so if we can still go backpacking, we have enough saved to be able to go and not come back totally broke.
Backpacking is a dream of Adam and I's and something that will be done whether we leave 3/1/11 or later. We really thank everyone for their support and yes, I know, a lot of you might think we are crazy and that is fine.

We are essentially creating an online greeting card company called BumblePost. You send physical greeting cards (except they are post cards) priced at $1 + postage. We have our "Beehive" which is your online calender to keep all the important dates on. We can pull the dates from your existing calendar and hopefully from Facebook as well. You will be able to customize the message on the back of the card and we basically print and mail them on the days you want them to be mailed out (our thought was you could sit down one day- get all of your cards ordered for the year, we send you confirmations when they are printed and mailed). Our slogan is "Life should be simple" and we are creating a very simple lay out that is functional and easy to use . Instead of 50 designs to choose from, we are creating more around 5 B-Day cards... a few blank ones and Appointment Reminders for the businesses (think Dentists, etc. who need to mail their patients about upcoming appointments, etc).

Very simple, very cute, very cheap... all for $1 + postage. Think of a merge between E-Cards and actual greeting cards you buy from the store. We have selected our printing company and are still deciding on a Web Developer. We hope to be ready to launch in August- and are thinking some sort of "Launch Party" to intro the site to our fam and friends. We have thought long and hard about this and prayed about it a lot. We feel it is right for right now because we don't have kids to support or a house. Please ask me any questions you want and I will keep you all updated as we move this process along and start to get the site up and running. Also, I will need several opinions on graphic design, etc.!!!

Have a great week :)
We are really excited.

2 comments:

  1. hi emily, it's kaileen (from grade school!) - just saw a link back to your blog from fb. sounds like you guys are doing some very exciting things. can't wait to see how it unfolds. btw, denver is a gorgeous city! xo, ♥kaileenelise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily! This sounds like such a cool idea. I can't wait to hear more about it. I am looking into taking some graphic design courses in the next few months so I'd love to know what you learn and vise versa. I actually have started my own greeting card company as well (nothing offical, just cards I've designed at this point) so I'd love to show you any designs if you're interested later on in the process. Are you really moving back to KC?? Denver will miss you. But I'm happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete