Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm Pretty Excited

Adam and I's ONE year anniversary is 12 days from today. It has been our goal from day 1 of marriage to do something special for our anniversary every year. Whether it is just a weekend trip to a B&B, a nice hotel for the night, or a real vacation. Well... Adam and I are pretty much obsessed with vacationing, probably like most people, but I am slightly insane about it (checking deals constantly even if there is no $$ or special occasion coming up).

With all this being said, we had tentatively planned to go to Jamaica for our anniversary. I had found a few deals that were 4 nights in a 4 star resort for about $850/person (all-inclusive with Flight). Not bad right? Well, just before we actually booked Jamaica, I got moved to the Florida territory... which got us thinking.... we could come to FL, probably with free flights and work it out to be a lot cheaper than Jamaica. So that is what we settled on. I have to admit, I have not been too excited about Florida for our 1 year because I am here every week, and we hadn't planned anything out and I couldn't decide on what or where we should go.

So, I finally figured it out last night (I was up until 2am researching hotel/reviews/places, etc. etc.) - told you I am a freak... so here is the plan:

-I am already going to be in Florida next week (so free flight for me).
-Adam gets into Ft. Lauderdale on Wednesday night- and we are going to stay at my hotel (work paid... and did I mention Adam's flight is free too?).
-Thursday morning- we are going to drive to Key West! We are super excited because Key West is about a 3 hour drive all along A1A- down through the ocean, small islands, etc. We are pretty pumped about this mini-road trip. Oh and did I mention the rental car is free too??
-We will arrive in Key West on Thursday and are staying HERE. I cashed in my rewards on my CC and so the difference is only about $20o.00 left for us to pay.... (if you don't have a good rewards card, get one!)
-We are in Key West until Sunday then will drive back up the coast to Ft. Lauderdale, where I pricelined an amazing hotel on the beach for $110.00/night (but this will be work paid as well).
-And Adam is there until Tuesday morning when I drop him off and stay to work until Thursday night...

We are pretty pumped about this last-minute, cheapo, luxury vaca. Not bad!!!!!!
Get me some SUN!!

5 comments:

  1. that resort looks awesome!! happy anniversary griffins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so fuN! But where is the big news reveal that is life changing?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! That sounds like an amazing trip.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, I love KEY WEST!!! So jealous! I have a great recommendation for a drag show Whitney and I made the guys go to...not raunchy at all, just hilarious :) It's called La Te Da and it's on Duval...check it out! Happy Early Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad you can't drink on the trip. Don't want to hurt little Aaron and Sharon in your tummy!!!

    ReplyDelete