Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Insert Foot into Mouth

This past weekend, Adam and I were in KC for a wedding. It was a quick trip (like usual) but was so much fun. The wedding was really great and we got to see our fams and I finally got to see the Carter's house!
I can't add a lot of details to this story because you will see why. Lets just say- I made a boo boo at the wedding on Saturday. It all started with a group of us (mostly sig-eps) sitting at a table, drinking and eating dinner. I casually ask "where are Walter and Shannon going on their honeymoon?" Someone replies with an I'm not sure, but Barbie and Ken are going to destination X. (fake names for security purposes and destination X is a beach somewhere I can't tell you right now.)

Later in the evening, I see Barbie. Barbie and I know each other and so we start talking about her upcoming nuptials. I ask if she has everything ready, yada, yada... then comment- I heard you are going to Destination X for your honeymoon! She has about 5 expressions that cross her face after this comment and then tells me, well, Ken was surprising me with our honeymoon destination...........

Ummm.
pause.....
pause.....
pause....
thinking (oh crap, oh crap)

Back peddle "oh, well maybe I was thinking of someone else", etc- word vomit- trying to fix the situation.........
We awkwardly part ways after trying to finish up the convo as quickly as possible and I couldn't even be in the same room as Barbie and Ken the rest of the night because I felt so awkward........ AHHHH. I think I ruined the surprise, pretty sure I did, but no one told me it was a secret!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment