Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I love to READ!!

Getting ready to get on a plane, so this will be a short one, but just had to post this quick, genious idea I am super excited about.
I needed a new book to read, typically I rent from the library, but I finished my last book so quick- I am stuck without anything to read on the return flight. Anyways, so I walked in the Ft. Launderdale terminal A store and bought a book... basically, they are doing this new thing that after you read the book, you have 6 months to return it with the receit and get 50% of your money back!!!!!! Genious right? So, now I don't feel so bad about the $15.o0 I just spent.... but I just love this idea AND there are a ton of great books out right now I am dying to read (like Emily Giffin's "Heart of the Matter"). I think that one will be up next! And now that I am covering this area and am here every week, this will be amazing for saving some $$ :)
All smiles on my end right now- on my way to KC!!!! Woo hoo!

4 comments:

  1. I love Emily Giffin---I saw she had a new book! Have you heard of the Bride Quartet by Nora Roberts? It's a 4 book series (3 are published, one still to come) about 4 friends that own a wedding planning business and they each contribute something (photographer, baker, florist, planner), and then each book focuses on one of them and their life/love life. It's SOO good! Jimmy's mom started me on it and now I'm hooked! I'm finishing the 3rd one now and it's ssooooo good. Ok, that's all :) Sorry for the long comment, I just really like them and wanted to tell someone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- isn't that 50% off thing the best? I did that at airport book stores when I traveled! What a great deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany, I'm glad you wrote your long post because I haven't heard of those books and they sound like they'd be right up my alley! Yay! I wonder if we could do a long distance book club...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! Brit- I am going to check those books out!

    ReplyDelete