Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One with nature

This is a really random post, but it is only because one of my cousins posted pictures from my wedding this week on her Facebook and I had not really seen this yet.

We had a beautiful, outdoor ceremony, as most of you know. With an outside ceremony, you risk bad weather, temperature and also nature. As I hear the story goes (I didn't hear until after the fact) but basically there was a snake that came up on the side of the gazebo, close to the B Maids and front row of guests towards the beginning of the ceremony. Luckily, it was just a black snake and pretty harmless, but, I have to admit I am really glad I did not see- I may have freaked out. Here is the picture of the serpent.
The best part of this- is our pastor was telling the story about Adam and Eve and being tempted by a snake... we had two of the three characters present (Adam + Snake). Too bad my name is not Eve. Pretty awesome.

1 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention it was 1" from my perfectly pedicured toes :)
    It was worth it Em. I'd risk any of nature's beasts for you!

    ReplyDelete